The Graduation Series: Oh, the places you'll go

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
                           (Dr Seuss, Oh the places you will go)

It's no news that I have just graduated, and so have many of you. In fact: So have all of you. It doesn't matter if you dropped out prematurely, at primary or secondary school. You may even have made it all the way to university. On my course, there were several hundreds of us when we began, but at that graduation ceremony we were well aware that some of us had gone off plan. There's no time like the present so whatever the hang up,

Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
                  (Dr Seuss, Oh the places you will go)

Now, I know what I'm talking about, I really do.
Some would say he's too young to know at twenty and two.
What you don't know is that in this final year,
I lived more than I cared to,
more than I thought I'd dare.
You don't really need to know the details of that unfortunate tale.
All you need to know is that I'm done with that chapter and ready for round two.

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
                                     ( Dr Seuss, Oh the places you'll go)

This is really true,
it all rests on you.
Sometimes it may be difficult indeed to believe,
but let's face it, you're the guy in the driving seat.
Some us have bigger challenges than others,
but never fear, it isn't worth the bother;
for like it or not,
we've all got our stuff.
You're probably just as well,
as the guy you think is swell.

Are you frightened? I know I am,
that's what happens when you go off plan,
It's perfectly normal to be a little perturbed,
You've been in school since the day you were born.
Give yourself some credit, you've made it this far,
way better than those that stare from afar.
Now you're out there, in the open air,
take as much as you want, or as much as you dare.

Happy Days,
Afam.

1 comment:

Starmix said...

I actually really like this, well done Damz!

About Us

Recent

Random